The Ultimate List of Entrepreneur Motivational Quotes
By: Kathleen Ries-Jubenville | Category: Motivational | Read time: 3 minutes
Starting and running our own business challenges us in so many ways every day. Entrepreneurship is one of the fastest ways to create excitement and personal growth. Life is almost never boring as a small business owner!
As much as you may enjoy the journey, I'm guessing you still have days it is hard to get out of bed; hard to know where to begin; hard to pick up the phone or turn on the Zoom camera.
How do I know this? Because it's how I feel too! Even after 20+ years and 2 businesses, I sometimes struggle to believe in myself and my vision. It's in these times that I have found music, Bible verses, affirmations, and motivational quotes to lift me up and get me back on a roll.
Here is my "ultimate" list of motivational quotes for entrepreneurs. ENJOY!
Courage: Courage is developed by repeatedly taking actions on decisions that feel at least a little bit scary. Remember, the outcome will either be what you hoped for or an opportunity to learn and grow. Both results are a success!
* "You must do the things you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
* "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall." - Ray Bradbury
Action: Even the smallest action can change the trajectory of your life. It's ok to work your way up to massive action. Regular, small actions will combat fear and procrastination and add up quickly!
* "The next level opens up after your next committed step. Purpose and opportunity only reveal themselves to bodies in motion." - Brendon Burchard
* "The path to success is to take massive, determined action." - Tony Robbins
Mindset: A wrong mindset is the number one reason for failure. Do not believe the lies whispering in your ear or ruminating in your mind! You can figure out a solution to any problem. There are resources to help you overcome and conquer. You must believe it's possible!
* "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford
* "When you focus on the outcome rather than the obstacle, your life will never be the same." - Dean Graziosi
Systems: Your small business can - and must - have the same business systems the huge corporations have in place. You just start at the basic level and build up to complexity. Keep it simple, but create standardized processes in 'The 6 Key Business Systems' of leadership, finance, management, marketing, sales, and customer service.
* "You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems." - James Clear
* "Most entrepreneurs are merely technicians with an entrepreneurial seizure. Most entrepreneurs fail because you are working IN your business rather than ON your business." - Michael E. Gerber
Marketing: Marketing is about finding your customers, empathizing with their problem and clearly explaining how your products or services solves their problem. First, make sure you CAN solve their problem, then simply tell them how to get your help.
* "The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself." - Peter Drucker
* "The day you stop losing sleep about your own success and start losing sleep over your customers' success is the day your business will start growing again." - Donald Miller
Sales: I hear over and over again, "I am afraid to be a hard sell. If people want what I have, they will ask me for it." Pretend for a minute you are a doctor. If I was your patient, I would WANT you to advise me how to get better. In fact, if you don't tell me, you may be causing me more pain. Selling is advising your customers to get the help they need by asking for them to use your solutions.
* "Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, 'Make me feel important.' Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life." - Mary Kay Ash
* "I like to think of sales as the ability to gracefully persuade, not manipulate, a person or persons into a win-win situation." - Bo Bennett
Hard Work: Very few people succeed without hard work. You may not have seen all the hours of training, research, falling and getting back up, attempts, successes, and small progressions. But you see the results. Overnight success is the tip of an iceberg of hard work!
* "There's no shortage of remarkable ideas, what's missing is the will to execute them." - Seth Godin
* "Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them." - Ann Landers
Perseverance: Very few people succeed without perseverance. You may not have seen all the hours of training, research, falling and getting back up, attempts, successes, and small progressions. But you see the results. Overnight success is the tip of an iceberg of perseverance! (Yes, this was purposefully a repeat of the Hard Work paragraph!)
* "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." - Steve Jobs
* "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison
Growth: Entrepreneurship is the greatest tool for personal growth I have ever experienced. Nothing changes without some level of stress or challenge applied to it. Growth is what makes life fun. It's our Fountain of Youth. Enjoy the ride while you learn and grow!
* "Leaders never use the word failure. They look upon setbacks as learning experiences." - Brian Tracy
* "I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better." - Elon Musk
Leadership: As a business owner, you are a leader. You are responsible for the vision, strategy, and management of your company, your customer services, and your team. You have the opportunity to change people's lives! Think of it as an honor and privilege to serve them.
* "Too many leaders act as if the sheep...their people...are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep." - Ken Blanchard
* "When you have an encouraging [leadership] approach, you set clear expectations and follow-up with timely feedback and guidance. The words you choose are kind, compassionate, and energizing." - from Kathleen Ries-Jubenville's book, Grow a Pair of Antlers: The Fearless Climb to Lead Your Herd <-- Click on the book's name to get your FREE eBook today!
Bonus Motivational Quote:
* "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it." - Paulo Coelho
Feeling inspired to take your business to the next level? Check out my business coaching programs HERE! If you enjoyed this blog post, remember to pin it to your Pinterest Business Inspiration Board to refer to again later. And be sure to connect with me on social media for more business tips and ideas!